- enhanced teeth that no longer look short or like “baby teeth”
- a much more attractive smile
- an improved self-image and more self-confidence
- a relatively quick healing period with little pain
- visible results in as little as one week from surgery
Aside from the esthetic benefits of crown lengthening, correcting a “gummy ” smile can also improve your overall periodontal health. When gum tissue does not recede normally as adult teeth appear, pockets can form in the gums, which can result in advanced periodontal disease. By contouring the gums through crown lengthening, you can not only improve the look and confidence of your smile, but also prevent future problems.